Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Setting Up New DOJ Tax Division Alumni Mailing List (1/5/21)

I have just been notified that our DOJ Tax Division Alumni YahooGroups was discontinued in December.  I probably had been notified earlier but give it the attention I should have.  In recent years, I had used that service only to do mass emails to DOJ Tax Division Alumni who requested to be on the list.  I think the last time I looked, there were perhaps 100 on the list.  I can't access the list now,  so I don't know who was on the list.

I am looking to establish an alternative email list, probably using the Google Groups service.  However, I will have to enter to make all persons who want to be on the list members of the Google Groups service.  Membership means that members will receive emails sent to the Google Groups service and can post emails to the service (which I will vet in order to prevent inappropriate use of the list).  In terms of members' use, the service will be very much like the YahooGroups service.

I will start working on setting that up later this week.  If any DOJ Tax Division alum wants to be on the new mailing list, please let me know at jack@tjtaxlaw.com.  Emails sent through the service will be limited.  I think in the past the number was less than 10 a year on average and certainly no more than 20 per year.

Sorry for this disruption in service.

1 comment:

The comments are being moderated by Jack Townsend and require his approval before they may be viewed by visitors to the Blog. Jack checks regularly to review the pending comments.