Monday, May 10, 2021

Follow by Email Feedburner Email Notice Service Being Discontinued (5/10/21)

Some DOJ Tax Alumni have signed up for and have been receiving email notifications of new blog entries via a service called Feedburner through the “Follow by Email” widget that formerly was in the right hand column on this blog.  The Feedburner service is being discontinued in July 2021.  I am therefore eliminating that widget so that Follow by Email will not longer be available for new  subscribers for that service and,  I suppose, the Follow by Email service will stop working in July 2021 for persons who were already registered.

There are other services that, I understand, can provide similar functionality, but I just have not spent the time to try to figure out how they work and how to implement them on the blog site.  If and when I figure that out, I provide a replacement for the "Follow by Email" functionality.

I have downloaded the email addresses of those who were registered as of today.  So, if I get a substitute service for this functionality, I will email those persons with notice so that they can register.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are being moderated by Jack Townsend and require his approval before they may be viewed by visitors to the Blog. Jack checks regularly to review the pending comments.