Friday, February 23, 2024

Death of Larry Jones on 2/19/24 (2/23/24)

Larry Jones (Lawrence Ray Jones, Jr.) died on 2/19/24. His obituary is here; another Dallas Morning News obituary is here.. He served as a Trial Attorney in DOJ Tax Refund 2 (John Murray’s section) from 1969 through 1977. Most of that time he served in the Dallas office.

The visitation and funeral services are March 4 at 12:30 pm and 1:00 pm (Central time) at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic church, 6306 Kenwood Avenue, Dallas TX 75214.

I did not know Larry during the time we overlapped at DOJ Tax because he was in Dallas and I was in Washington. But I heard a lot about Larry, particularly after I moved to Refund 2. Larry and I then became friends from the time he left DOJ Tax in 1977 when we began working at the same firm in Houston. We then became law partners from the early 1990s until a few years ago. He was a great lawyer and great friend.

Added 2/25/24 11:20am:

In the second obit linked above, Larry is quoted as often saying "while I do not have much hair, it is not gray".

The Larry quote I (JAT) fondly remember along that line is: “Not everybody can be naturally bald.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are being moderated by Jack Townsend and require his approval before they may be viewed by visitors to the Blog. Jack checks regularly to review the pending comments.